In this day and age where everyday you see a new device to keep your skin looking younger, there has been on a market a device called pmd, for a few years now, and it is still going strong..
Let me begin by saying that pmd stands for personal micro dermabrasion. This is a device that you purchase, mostly from high end department stores or from the manufacturer and use it 2 or 3 times a week. What it does is that it has a spinning disc that removes surface dead skin cells, and also simultaneously acts as a suction of these impurities. With the device you get a few of the discs and later on you can buy a few more.
It retails for $199 at Nordstrom and for $159 at Macy’s.
The official description on Nordstrom of this product reads the following:
PMD offers personal microdermabrasion devices that are smart, safe, convenient and highly effective. The company’s patented spinning disc and perfectly calibrated vacuum suction ensure you’re in full control of the intensity of your treatment. A clinical study showed that microdermabrasion with PMD devices can improve wrinkles, sun damage, roughness and skin’s overall appearance.
In my case I had one a few years ago and did not put it to good use, by using it only a few times overall, I did not derive any benefits. At the time, I had read reviews and seen a video from a woman whose skin had reacted badly to this product, and based on that video, I did not continue to use my product. However, now I am willing to give it another try and see if I can do it gently maybe once a week to start.
What it is: PMD Personal Microderm Pro combines the power of patented spinning disc technology with perfectly calibrated vacuum suction to brighten, smooth and even skin tone and texture.
What it does: It reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, blemishes and enlarged pores, allowing makeup to go on smoother and skin care products to penetrate significantly deeper. It offers the same brilliant results as professional, in-office microdermabrasion treatments without the hassle and comes with a full range of exfoliation discs for maximized control and customizable treatments. In addition to the patented spinning disc technology and perfectly calibrated vacuum suction, the Personal Microderm Pro features smooth-glide caps, dual-speed settings and a full range of exfoliation discs for maximized control and customizable treatments.
– 2 green discs (moderate)
– 2 grey discs (very sensitive)
– 2 red discs (coarse)
– 2 blue discs (sensitive)
Additional information on this device as seen on Macy’s website:
Personal Microderm Classic is a revolutionary at-home device that provides the same brilliant results as professional, in-office microdermabrasion treatments. It combines patented Spinning Disc technology with perfectly calibrated vacuum suction to leave skin looking fresh and radiant. Weekly treatments reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, blemishes and enlarged pores. After the first use, you will have brighter, softer, more radiant skin.
- One speed
- Classic face and body caps
- Power of Exfoliation:
- Removes dead, dull skin for smoother, softer skin
- Patented Spinning Discs embedded with aluminum oxide crystals exfoliate away dead, dull cells from the surface of the skin
- By removing the dead skin cell barrier, new cell growth is stimulated and glowing youthful skin is revealed
- Strength of Suction:
- Activates skin for a revitalized glow
- Perfectly calibrated vacuum suction is the power behind effective microdermabrasion
- Suction increases circulation and triggers the skin’s natural healing process, which boosts collagen and elastin, leaving skin firm, fresh and radiant
- Beauty of Absorption:
- Supercharges skincare benefits
- Personal Microderm Classic removes the top layer of dead, dull skin cells; once this barrier is removed, skincare products can penetrate 20 times deeper, maximizing the benefits of skincare
- Weekly treatments reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, brighten the look of skin tone and texture, reduce the appearance of pore size and diminish the appearance of dark spots
Note: Please use extreme caution when using this device, as some skin do not react well to the microdermabrasion and the simultaneous suction.