This is by far the most expensive and pricey hair dryer. After seeing it on the market about a year ago, I finally decided to buy it a few months ago and tried it.. It looks like a high end tech gadget.. so I was all for it. I mean that’s my area there.. but after using it for about 10 days, I realized my hair no matter what I did and how I styled it, seemed to be dry like straw.. so I ended up returning it sadly. I really wanted to love it and keep it. It retails for $400 and it was not going to be sitting in my hair tool basket doing nothing..
Interestingly while I was in the store buying it another customer came and returned hers. When I asked her candidly what was wrong with it, she advised me that her hair was like straw. I did not think mine would suffer the same fate, so I continued with my purchase and brought mine home proudly only to end up discovering that my hair was going to suffer the same condition. I am not sure what is with the setting of this blow dryer, maybe if I wait another few years and they can refine or fine tune the device then it may work nicely on my hair.
Have you used it? what are your thoughts on this?
This is how Nordstrom’s site describes it:
What it is: A hair dryer designed by James Dyson that provides controlled, high-velocity airflow for ultra-fast drying while helping to prevent heat damage to protect your hair’s natural shine.
What it does: It measures the air temperature 20 times every second, keeping the temperature under control. Lightweight and balanced, it’s designed with the motor in the handle to completely redistribute the dryer’s weight and shape.
Features and benefits:
– Magnetic attachments allow you to adjust your dryer quickly and easily.
– A smoothing nozzle dries hair using smooth, wide air, allowing you to dry and style at the same time.
– A styling concentrator distributes high-velocity, focused air so you can style one section at a time without worrying about disturbing the rest.
– A diffuser is engineered to disperse air evenly around each of your ringlets to simulate natural drying, helping reduce frizz and improve definition.
– Heat Shield technology keeps the surface and attachments cool to the touch.
– Its powerful motor is tuned to produce one inaudible frequency and is enveloped by a vibration reduction system.
– Three precise speed settings provide fast drying, regular drying and styling with a constant cool flow.
– Easy-to-clean design, simply twist and release to clean the filter.
– Negative ions eliminate static.
– Professional-length nine-foot cord.