Here are some tips, suggestions, do and don’t, to make sure your video will stick in the mind of the viewer.
- First thing you need to do, is come up with the title or subject of your video. Make sure it is unique or as unique as it can be. Have your own creative style; think about a good subject and how you would like to introduce it.
- Do not copy someone else’s style in presentation, thumbnail, title or anything else. If for instance, in the opening of the video, someone says Hi this is so and so and welcome to my channel, and another says hey you’all, another says hello beauties.. etc.. come up with words that are yours. Copycat is not always the best form of flattery, it is what it is: copying. And another synonymous or other word to describe copying is, in plain language, ‘stealing’ or infringement of rights.
- Your first few words are going to either impress a person and make them want to stay or turn them off and lose them. You have about 30 seconds to choose the best words and impress someone.
- Create noticeable thumbnails. If you are artistic, now this is where you can show some talent. If you are not, keep it simple. Make sure the letters are big and readable from a distance. Do not do a collage of photos, where the head of person is small and where it is hard to see what the video is about when someone sees that thumbnail for the first time.
- Use clear cut fonds like impact or sans serif. You can also mix sans serif with italic or handwritten fonts.
- The first thing that will capture your audience’s attention is your thumbnail and the title of your video. So pay extra attention to those two.
- Don’t make the title a mish mash of ideas, 3 or 4 different subjects in the same title. Try to keep it simple. It may work for some, but not others.
- Pay attention to your body language and your voice tone. The body language and the voice tone say a lot more to the viewer than the words and information you are providing.
- When filming, if possible invest in a tripod, a microphone, and a good camera, and possibly a diva ring. Create your little corner where no one else goes and make it your filming area.
- In your videos, be humble. Don’t be too full of yourself ! Leave room for more knowledge. You don’t know everything, you are sharing knowledge but also learning from others. It is like a big pool of knowledge and we are all dipping in it, to educate ourselves. So be as sincere as you can, do not embellish too much or make false claims.
- Be compassionate.
- When someone writes a comment, you have 2 to 3 days to respond. Connect with your audience. They took the time to write to you, you may want to respond to their comment.
As I am browsing for perfumes, my eye catches these 2 gorgeous bottles and make me want to try them. Both are from Valentino and made in Spain. They are sold at Nordstrom.com online or in the store.
Donna Acqua Eau de Toilette
What it is: An eau de toilette that is an irreverent clash of lightness and indulgence, composed by Sonia Constant.
Fragrance story: Valentino Donna Acqua is a collision between tender green almond and frosted pear. The warmth of a frangipani rose accord meets a suggestion of sandalwood and hawthorn.
– Top: green almond, frosted pear.
– Middle: frangipani rose.
– Base: sandalwood, hawthorne.
- 3.4 oz.
- Made in Spain
Valentina Blush Eau de Parfum
Fragrance story: Like the raw edge of fine silk, Valentina Blush subverts olfactory expectations while seducing the senses. The new scent establishes a place in the Valentina family defined not through intellect but through emotion, an intuitive new chapter in the Valentina story. Orange blossom is wrapped in indulgent notes of praline, in this unexpected vision by perfumer Alexis Dadie.
– Top: pink pepper, sour cherry.
– Middle: rose, coffee.
– Base: patchouli essence, pink praline accord.
- 2.7 oz.
- Made in Spain
For all brush lovers, please note :
This is a video I did showing you the brushes created in Japan for Goss Makeup Artist. These are excellent brushes and you will learn to love and cherish each and every one of them. The large one can be used with cream products as well as powder products. It is partly synthetic and partly natural goat hair. The others are goat hair brushes and the small straight cut brush is fully synthetic. They are all the brushes that you need to create beautiful makeup looks. I purchased them from beautylish.com online for $240 and split over 3 months so it is a big expense all at once.
What constitutes a fake comment, like and view?
Fake comments are found generally when a person commenting
-Appears once only and never returns
-Is at the other end of the scale like a 13 year old commenting in a 60
Yr old channel about issues that are pertinent to a 60 yr old
-makes a comment totally unrelated to the subject of the video
-throws u a generic comment or better yet does not know your name and calls u by another name!
How to recognize those who dont grow their channel organically:
So u see lots of views comments and likes and u think oh thia video must be good and this creator must be amazing so i want to see for myself and as u watch u are yawning suddenly and u stop and ask yourself why you have just wasted 10 minutes of your time. The volume is bad , the ligjting is bad, the image is grainy, the subject boring
Thats when it hits u! Fake !
This is an important subject. At one time or another you have or you will be receiving an email asking you if you would like to test, try a product and film a testing video. Companies will come after you trying to use you to spread the word on their products. Many of you receive makeup products regularly. There are also various websites where you go and you can receive products to review.
- Don’t push products on others. Just state what you like and why you like it. Don’t make it sound that if they don’t get this product, they will regret it. Remember what works for you may not work for another.
- You are not a salesperson. You are there to actually review the product and give your honest opinion.
- Try to use the product more than once, a week is best and gives you time to assess it properly.
- If needed, you can follow up with a second video if you have continued to use the product for a month or so and have a different opinion to state.
- Don’t be afraid to say it if you don’t like a product. Don’t sugarcoat too much when you obviously don’t like it. By creating false reviews, others are going to waste their money buying that product.
- Always make sure you state that the product was sent to you for free in return for a review. Not stating it, means you are withholding information and while you are not lying, you are still misguiding the audience. If you say, I am giving my honest opinion and you forget to say this was sent to me, then the viewer will not feel you are being totally honest.
- While it is not a necessity to say it verbally in the video, it is a good idea to at least write it in the description section, especially if you are providing a link with a discount code.
- When you are asked if you can review a product, say I will review and provide my honest opinion to the sender of the email. That means if you don’t like it, you will say that you did not like it, or at least that it did not work for you.
I am investigating a product that is really working on my skin, and I can see the difference and I can also feel it. My skin is much softer now. Noticeably.
The night cream called Chakra anti-aging night cream contains neem leaves, among other ingredients. Let’s journey together, and discover together what need leaves are and what they do to our skin. Neem is not only good when used in skincare products but has many more benefits.
In the world of Ayurveda, neem is a popular medicinal herb that’s been part of traditional remedies that date back almost 5000 years. Also known as Azadirachta Indica in English or ‘Neemba’ in Sanskrit, the neem tree is a really good example of how nature holds both the problem and the cure. It’s home to more than 130 different biologically active compounds! No wonder it’s such an effective anti-viral and anti-bacterial, along with being a powerful immuno-stimulant.
Murli Manohar, author of the book ‘Ayurveda For All: Effective Ayurvedic Self Cure for Common and Chronic Ailments’ suggests that the primary purpose of neem leaves is the treatment of vaata disorders or neuromuscular pains.
Then come the other benefits: purify the blood, prevent damage caused by free radicals in the body, remove toxins, treat insect bites and ulcers.
Neem leaves have anti-bacterial properties which is why it works wonders on infections, burns and any kind of skin problems. It destroys the bacteria that causes infections, stimulates the immune system and encourages rapid healing. Here are some excellent ways in which we can use neem leaves:Wound healer: Make a paste out of the neem leaves and dab it on your wounds or insect bites a few times a day till it heals.
Goodbye dandruff: Boil a bunch of neem leaves till the water turns green, allow it to cool. After washing your hair with shampoo, cleanse it with this water.
Eye Trouble: Boil some neem leaves, let the water cool completely and then use it to wash your eyes. This will help any kind of irritation, tiredness or redness.
Treat that zit: Grind a few neem leaves, make a paste and apply it daily till the acne dries out. The paste also helps any kind of eruptions, dark spots and chronic ulcers.
Ear ailments: Blend some neem leaves and add some honey to it. Use a few drops of this mix to treat any ear boils.Other skin disorders: Turmeric combined with a paste of neem leaves can also be used for itching, eczema, ring worms and some mild skin diseases.
Boost immunity: Crush some neem leaves and take them with a glass of water to increase your immunity.
Neem has anti- bacterial; anti- parasitic, anti- fungal, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that not only benefits your health but can help you get rid of common beauty problems that you face in your daily life. All parts of neem are used for preparing many different medicines, especially for skin disease.
Neem leaf is used for leprosy, eye disorders, bloody nose, intestinal worms, stomach upset, loss of appetite, skin ulcers, diseases of the heart and blood vessels (cardiovascular disease), fever, diabetes, gum disease (gingivitis), and liver problems.
The leaf is also used for birth control and to cause abortions. Various parts of the Neem tree have been used as traditional Ayurvedic medicine in India. Neem oil and the bark and leaf extracts have been therapeutically used as folk medicine to control leprosy, intestinal helminthiasis, respiratory disorders, constipation and also as a general health promoter.
Neem which is rich in Vitamin C also helps in getting rid of skin problems like blackheads, pigmentation, dullness and ageing thus leaving the skin with a youthful glow.
Some Ayurvedic use of Neem:
Leaf: Leprosy, eye problem, epistaxis, intestinal worms, anorexia, biliousness, skin ulcers,
Bark: Analgesic, alternative and curative of fever.
Flower: Bile suppression, elimination of intestinal worms and phlegm.
Fruit: Piles, intestinal worms, urinary disorder, epistaxis, phlegm, eye problem, diabetes, wounds and leprosy.
Twig: Cough, asthma, piles, phantom tumour, intestinal worms, spematorrhoea, obstinate urinary disorder, diabetes.
Gum: Scabies, wounds, ulcers, skin diseases.
Seed: Leprosy and intestinal worms.
Oil: Leprosy and intestinal worms.
and more on Neem oil…
Neem oil that’s extracted from neem seeds is rich in medicinal properties which are what makes it a great ingredient in cosmetics and other beauty products: soaps, hair oil, hand wash, soap etc. It can treat a bunch of skin diseases and is known to be an excellent mosquito repellent. You can mix it with coconut oil and apply it over your body as well. It is believed that in India, small children are fed neem oil as a type of cure-all. Besides being such a great Ayurvedic healer, neem oil can be used to protect other plants. It can also be used in creams, soaps and other cosmetic products. Here are some great uses of neem oil you may have missed:
1. Say no to blackheads: Take 2-3 drops of neem oil, dilute it with water and apply this mix on your blackheads. Apply this regularly to get rid of blackheads and prevent them from coming back.
2. Anti-ageing: Neem oil is extremely nourishing and can be added to your face packs. It also helps ageing skin, any kind of skin irritation and itching.
3. For great hair: Take some neem oil and rub it into the scalp, leave it in for a while and wash. Neem oil can strengthen your hair, prevent hair fall and treat dandruff.
I am investigating various ingredients found in a skincare product that is working with my skin very well.. and before I say anything else about it, I want to have as much information as possible. The ingredient is almond oil. You have heard about it. Let’s find out about the benefits of this oil.
The following is an extract from my research online.
As a mild, hypoallergenic oil, it’s safe for sensitive skin, including baby skin. Absorption is best when the oil is warmed to body temperature before application. It’s also a great idea to combine it with a few essential oils for triple power — myrrh and rose oils are two common essentials that keep your skin looking healthy as well.
Probably due in large part to its antioxidative properties, sweet almond oil is known for protecting skin against UV radiation damage and keeping skin soft and supple. A 2007 study by the Departments of Pharmaceutics at Hamdard University in India found it to both prevent initial UV damage and slow down the effects of UV damage after it happened. (14)
Almond oil has a light texture and easily absorbs into skin. It can be used to gently dislodge debris from deep within skin pores and follicles, and also may help prevent future acne because of its vitamin A content. You can even create a natural facial scrub using fine sugar mixed with sweet almond oil, safe for even those with sensitive skin.
The dark circles under your eyes don’t stand a chance! When you apply a few warm drops beneath your bottom eyelid before bed, you can expect to see brighter, less puffy eyes. Applied all over the face, almond oil can also delay general signs of aging as it renews the cells of your facial skin.
Do you suffer from psoriasis and/or eczema? Lucky for you, almond oil is a natural remedy for eczema and psoriasis. Both of these conditions are caused by multiple factors, including poor digestion. As another safe remedy to treat these skin conditions, almond oil helps relieve the inflammation, itchiness and redness of psoriasis or eczema. (15)
Other skin and beauty ideas for almond oil are to use it as a makeup remover, to treat chapped lips, to reduce undesired layers of tan and to work it through your hair as a substitute for leave-in conditioner.